Saturday 25 May 2013

Empties #3

There is something so satisfying about this post, when I look back over the products I have used up over the past month I feel shocked by the amount but also relieved I am making my way through my supplies! This is another long one I am sorry,  but there are some standout products here.

Dr Organic Shampoo
I brought this for my boys to use, I always use my beloved Moroccanoil shampoo and conditioner. I did however try this on a couple of occasions. Its OK, does the job and smells lovely. Maybe next time I will get a different scent to try?
Repurchase? Yes

Ren Moroccan Rose Otto Bath Oil
This is absolutely amazing, I loved every moment laying in my tub with this added, wow it was heavenly. This was given to my by a friend, its a travel size bottle but I still had a fair few baths out of it. The scent is soooo nice, and quite strong. I am hoping to buy the full size at some point. I am sitting here tapping away on my laptop and sniffing the bottle. I am keeping the empty bottle to up cycle with as well, its the perfect size.
Repurchase? Yes

Dr Organic Body Wash
 A nice body wash that lathered up well, it smelled nice just like coconuts. It left my skin feeling clean and smooth. I brought a selection of scents from this brand, I have the olive oil one left then I am out.
Repurchase? Yes


Weleda Lavender Creamy Body Wash
What a pleasure this was to use, so creamy and smelled super lovely. I really enjoy the floral scents. I actually shaved myself using this at times and it worked a treat. Its one of those products you can still smell on yourself hours later.
Repurchase? Yes

Garnier eye make up remover
I have been using this on and off for years. I usually snap a few bottles up when they are on offer. It does the job, but sometimes my eye area feels really oily afterwards as this is a 2 in 1 formula. I am not sure this is a good thing? It does remove all of my eye make up without the need for rubbing etc. I
would love to try a natural version at some point.
Repurchase? Maybe at some point.

Herbal Essence Hydration range
This has been hanging around my bathroom cabinet for a long time, and to be honest I just wanted to use it up! Its a nice conditioner, but not as good as my Moroccanoil, I am sorry.
Repurchase? No




Korres Jasmine shower gel
I like the brand Korres, they have some nice products. They brand there selves as a natural brand but I am informed they still put nasty ingredients into some of their products. I love the smell of this and the Fig one I used up last month. They are moisturising on my skin and do not irritate me.
Repurchase? Yes

Taag Micellaire water
This love affair has been going on now for some time, I was initially introduced to this product through a beauty box believe it or not! I absolutely love it, I use it as my first cleanse to remove my make up. I understand you can use it to take off your eye makeup, but I don't. It is a natural product and gentle on my skin, it leaves me feeling clean and fresh. I follow this stage up with my Emma Hardie cleansing balm.
Repurchase? Already have some stocked up!




Lush Bruche de Noel Facial Cleanser
Another winning product from lush, this is only stocked around the Christmas period. I highly recommended you give this a go when lush release this again. It has ground up almonds embedded and smells good enough to eat! I really enjoy using this, my skin loves it too. I use this completely different to the guided instructions but hey ho. Whilst soaking in the bath I apply a thick layer to my face and relax. so in effect like a mask.
Repurchase? Oh yes as soon as Christmas is here.

Liz Earle Skin Tonic
I am saddened this is gone, I could sit and sniff this bottle all day. It has the most amazing scent, I would love a perfume like this. I must get some more soon, I have been without this for a few weeks now, I need another bottle in my life as soon as possible. You will not be disappointed with this toner, its simply divine.
Repurchase? Yes

Sure maximum protection deodorant
I put this on my list to buy after watching a well known you tuber recommend it. Well if they love it, it must be good yes? Err no its horrid, it is truly awful to use, wear and does not work! How they can say its maximum protection? My normal dove lasted longer then this super strength version. I hated it that much I have thrown it out with product still in, I never do that so you can tell how much I hated it.
Repurchase? No




Origins Mega Mushroom Serum
Another sample I had lying around from my beautiful friend Soraya. I thoroughly enjoy using this serum, its just so expensive to purchase the full size. Hopefully one day I will.
Repurchase? Maybe one day

Sensodyne Toothpaste
I hear you, Jen this is an odd one to add? Well I think this is a miracle product, I used to suffer with a severe case of sensitivity. Honestly it was really quite sore just to eat a normal meal, let alone sweet or cold things. I was recommended to give this a go by my dentist, and I have not looked back since. It is on the costly side, but it works.
Repurchase? Yes

Green People Intensive Repair Shampoo
This is formulated for coloured hair, I highlight my hair so this appealed to me. It was nice to use, I just wished it was a little bigger to be able to test it out properly.
Repurchase? No



Lush
This pile of wrappers are from Bath Bombs and Bath Bars, I love them all. I have a large french boudoir style glass jar that is carefully filled with these. I break a piece off each time I take a bath. Which is 2x a day, I love to lay in the bath, its so relaxing and more so with a little Lush added! My all time favourites are Dorothy and Karma. I also like Brightside, Ickle Baby Bot, The Big Blue and all Rose scented bombs.
Repurchase? Yes


Lush Soaps
I wont go into a lot of detail here as I have been trialling a variety of soaps from Lush and they have their own little post coming up soon! The wrappers are from,  Figs and Leaves, Dirty, Sultana's of Soap and Honey soap.  Look out for the post of these coming soon.
Repurchase? Yes




Oribe Shampoo and Conditioner
This is a beautiful brand, left my hair feeling luscious, only problem was I hardly had enough product to wash my hair. I would love to try more of this brand soon.
Repurchase? No

Ark Hand and Nail Cream
A very small sachet, but was nice to use. Scent was pleasant but I was not blown away, maybe if the sample was a size I could have 2-3 uses from I would be?
Repurchase? No

John Master Detangler
I decanted this into a sample pot, it was 10ml so I got a couple of uses out of it. I loved the smell, wow it was super yummy. It left my hair soft and easy to comb through.
Repurchase? Yes




Rahua Shampoo and Conditioner
These have been hanging around in my draws since Boudoir Prive days!! A long time, I thought they was nice to use, my hair felt soft and felt clean.
Repurchase? Maybe

Faith in Nature Shower Gel
Tiny sample, I could only wash 1 arm so not enough to get a true picture. It was OK, I would like to try more.
Repurchase? No



Nuxe  Clarifying Cream-Mask
I don't think I have tried a product from Nuxe that I don't love. This is another winning product, I good quality detoxing mask that is gentle enough for sensitive skin. This smells of roses, fresh roses. I love it, I will buy this in full size one day, when I have used up some of my others in my collection.
Repurchase? Yes

Dr Bronner's Citrus Castile Soap
I own the full size of this product in Rose and Lavender scents, I must admit I prefer those to this one. I did not like the scent, it was not nasty, I just prefer others. I love the soap and use it to wash my brushes and me sometimes!! I will always have a bottle of this in my stocks, I was using this soap well before the hype started.
Repurchase? Yes I already have

 
 
Phew I told you it was a big one again, I wonder if next months will be as big? We will see, if you have done an empties post please leave me your link I love being noisy and seeing what you have been using, loving or hating!
 
Jen x

4 comments:

  1. You got through loads this month! I love Taaj and the REN Rose Otto Bath Oil is my favourite too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah that is a lot of products used up, well done xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dr Organic Coconut Body Wash has now been added to my 'Need List' I love anything coconut scented!

    Love the Dr Bronners Soap, I use the tea tree version to wash my hair when my scalp is misbehaving and the peppermint one for my brushes.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of having a big glass jar for bath bombs!! I wonder where I can get one from, it must look great on your bathroom!! I really like the Garnier make up remover too, it is greasy so what I do it remove my eye make up with it, cleanse my face, then take a cotton pad with the Simple eye make up remover on it and swipe it under my eye to remove any last bits of make up and the greasy feeling. It's my holy grail eye make up remover duo!! Got my empties post coming up next Sat xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment, i read everyone & will reply back asap