Sunday 12 May 2013

Clinique BB or CC???

I recently received an email from Clinique asking me to pop down to my local counter and try out their new CC cream. Funnily enough I was in town at that time so I headed into Debenhams. I spoke with the sales assistant who knew nothing about this email, she asked to see proof. Luckily I get my emails on my I phone so I was able to show her. Once she seen it she sat me down to colour match me. Phew I needed to sit down after all that!!





I had no idea what the whole CC thing was to be honest. I have a fair understanding to what the BB creams do but I am not completely sure??? After having this explained to me ( I am still not sure) I was offered a sample of each to compare. As you can see by the colours they are very different. I am a pale girl, I wouldn't say pink or yellow toned, just somewhere in the middle.




The swatch below shows the BB cream. On application it left my skin with a semi matt base. This is the type I prefer, I found the colour to be wrong for me and unfortunately its the lightest they offer in the BB range. The shade pulled far to pink, I am super disappointed as the finish was brilliant. I would liken the shade to Laura Mercier Rose Ivory for all you girlie's that wear that shade.




Next we have the CC cream, now this shade was perfect for me. It blended in soo well but the finished look did not work for me. This left a very dewy finish, considering this is what I am constantly battling against, its just not for me. I am glad I have tried it and maybe it may work for me in the winter months???


 
 
I am really disappointed to have found the perfect finish in a BB cream but completely the wrong shade. In a perfect world I would swap the shades between these 2 products!! The shade of the CC cream but in the formula of the BB cream. I can only hope Clinique bring the same shade range out in both of their CC and BB products.
 
 
 
 
Jen x

5 comments:

  1. Oh what a shame, I hope you tell clinique your thoughts xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't respond to my post :( oh well xx

      Delete
  2. I am yet to try there bb cream, but really like tgeir cc cream. such a shame about the shades. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the finish of their bb the cc is too dewy for me xx

      Delete
  3. That's so frustrating that you found a good product in the wrong shade. Hopefully they will come out with more shades!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment, i read everyone & will reply back asap