Monday 22 April 2013

My favourite lip balms


I absolutely love lip balm, I'm constantly slathering it on my lips. I tend to use my pot ones at home. I know my fingers are completely clean! And stick versions when I'm out and about.

I have quite a collection, here's the ones I've selected for this post.




Nuxe Reve De Miel, I'm in love with this one. When I'm at one t goes everywhere with me. It's either in my American Apparel pouch or next to my bed. It really does wonders for my lips. It's true, if I apply before bed its still there in the mornings.



Chanel hydramax lipbalm, I've not heard many people talk about this offering. It's a creamy, moisturising balm. It's not thick or too heavy. It's s nice lip balm.

Nuxe again, this is isn't as thick as the one above. I tend to carry this around whilst I'm at work. It's still moisturising.




Smiths rosebud salve, is a rose tinted balm. This is more like a Vaseline texture. It gives your lips a rose bud effect. It smells heavenly.

EOS I wanted this for sooooo long. Another American product that's hard to get in th UK. If you do get it here its extremely expensive compared to its price in the USA. It's a really nice lip balm. I have summer fruits, it's very fruity and enjoyable to use.



Declor lip balm, this is quite old. I used to have lots of beauty treatments at a local salon. They stocked the brand declor, you know me by now! Every time I visited I'd be buying something. This has quite a strong scent. It's not something you would say is right for a lip balm. It's quite herbal. It's quite expensive so I need o use it up. It's very thick in texture, I'd say its similar to Nuxe Reve de Miel.

Creme de la mer lip balm, this feels lovely on the lips. It leaves a nice sheen to my lips. It's such a luxury brand. If I remember correctly its over £40?? What's disappointing to me is the scent, it's minty. I hate minty scents, they make me feel sick. I so wished they made this in other scents! Rose would be fabulous! I need to use this up, but I'm finding it hard.




So there we have some of my lip balms. As you know I've recently brought the By Terry balm de rose. I'm totally in love with that!!! You have to try it out.



Jen x

8 comments:

  1. Not sure if you know but you can buy the EOS balms from Naturissimo for around £5 with free delivery.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fran, yes I've seen them around but did you know they work out to around £1 in the USA? And it's £5-6 here. Doesn't seem fair to me! But I love them, would like to try more flavours xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didnt realise they were that cheap in the US, that's madness! I only have the sweet mint version and love the scent.
      xo

      Delete
  3. I know, my By Terry was around the same. It's nice to have a treat once in a while. But I love my Nuxe Reve De Miel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love NUXE. The Chanel one looks nice!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment, i read everyone & will reply back asap