Friday 19 April 2013

Estée Lauder Golden Alligator


Are you wondering whats in this cute little pouch? It's something like my dearest grandma had. If only I had the one that once belonged to her. :( I'd be a happy girl. I brought this to remind me of all those times as a young girl, so lets see what it is.




A beautiful powder compact, I have so many memories of my grandma powdering her face! I can still smell the powder now. I wanted something similar to remember her by, I found the perfect one at Estée Lauder.




A small but perfect in everyday compact, it holds transparent powder, so it won't interfere with any other make up I have on. I love the case, set in a gold metal (just like grandmas) and the handy mirror.



The powder never seems to use up, it's the same one as hen I purchased it. Although you can buy refills. Thinking about it maybe I should change the powder!!



I carry the compact around in my bag, I've had this or a few years. The powder is still the same one, although you can get refills. Thinking about it maybe I should change it!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! I must admit to crying a little tear when I read this because I have my mothers Estee Lauder compact and haven't really been brave enough to look at it since she passed, it's funny how objects can remind us of those that we love. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ana, I'm so sorry to hear your mum has passed on. This must be so hard for you. It was the hardest thing to write, it's funny how it's the little things that bring back memories. I can see my grandma now applying her powder and bright lip xxxxx

      Delete

Please leave a Comment, i read everyone & will reply back asap