Sunday 31 March 2013

Empties #1

This is my ever empties post! It's funny how I've managed to use items up recently. I normally keep opening more and more, having a variety of the same things on the go. There is quite a few here, maybe too many? I won't leave it so long next time.

Cath Kidston Wild Rose body cream
I'm so sad to see the end of this, not only does it smell amazing, it's so moisturising and has no nasties. I beginning to pay more attention to Parabens and SLS etc, I'm trying to stay away from these.
Repurchase:- yes

Wild Romantic Body Butter
It's came in a beauty box, the sample was so small, one scoop and it was gone. No ingredient information either, so I have no clue if its natural or not?? Smelt quite herbal but in a strange way.
Repurchase:- no

Lush Sympathy for the Skin
Sample for dry skin, it smelt very sweet, and vanillish?? Not for me. Just the smell, I'm not attracted to sweet smells. The texture was nice, not thick more like a lotion.
Repurchase:- no

Nuxe Reve de Miel
I love this product, I will never be without it. It's funny because I remember the first time I applied it I hated the scent and thought wow that was a waste of £9.50. I continued to use it as I did not want to waste it. Now I'm on my third pot, I slather this on all the time. It applies lovely to the lips, leaving a thick cover, if i apply before bed it is still there when i wake up! Amazing. It sits with pride next to my bed.
Repurchase:- yes in fact I have 3 as back ups!

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye
I love this, as you know I was able to try their new eye serum and fell in love with that. The texture is thick and very nourishing to the skin. I tend to use this at night as its too heavy for me in the day time. It sits in the same family as the Advanced night repair serum. Which I also cannot be without.
Repurchase:- yes

Cath Kidston Rose Soap
It's was a small soap from a gift set, my favourite scent Rose. I just love the Cath Kidston range, I want to try everything in the range. I popped this into a piece of Muslim and made a little wash bag. I do this with Lush soaps as well. Not only can you wash with it, but you also get the added extra of an exfoliator. Leaves my skin super soft.
Repurchase:- yes



Kerastase Bain Vital Dermo-calm
I used to use this shampoo as a teenager, my sister reminded me of this and promptly ordered 2 500ml bottles. But unfortunately I was disappointed, my hair and scalp must of changed since my teens. This did nothing for me and made me itch like crazy. Considering this is a calm range it did to work for me. I now have a brand new bottle I need to get rid of somehow?? I did like the pump on the bottle. Very easy to use and not waste.
Repurchase:- no

Bumble and Bumble Creme de Coco
I have heard so much about this range from Vivianna and other bloggers that left me intrigued. I'd looked into the range but thought it was quite pricy, I even spotted it at an cco shop and was still rather expensive. One day I was shopping in T K Max and could not believe my eyes when I noticed what was sitting on the shelf! All alone just 1 shampoo and 1 conditioner. I had to buy. At first I wasn't impressed, it's hard to live up to my beloved Moroccanoil range. But as I used them up I started to like them. Quite moisturising to your hair, left my hair soft and smelling nice.
Repurchase:- maybe



Boots Coconut & Almond Conditioner
This has been lurking around in my bathroom for months, I don't even remember buying it. It smells so nice, you know that holiday coconut smell. Closing my eyes takes me to a hot place, sitting on z beach rubbing sun tan cream in. To be honest it's not very conditioning, my hair felt tangled after use.
Repurchase:- no

Organic Surge lavender Meadow Shower Gel
A recent buy, a brought a few bits from this range in John Lewis. It's quite a runny consistency, so be careful when squeezing it out. I lost quite a bit at first. Left my skin feeling great. Also i had no reaction, like sore, itchy or dryness. Bonus as I can be quite reactive to new products.
Repurchase:- yes already have.

Clinique Turnaround Concentrate
Again this has been hanging around for a long time. I don't think I used it long enough to see a real difference. It felt smoothing on the skin, even calming in a way. My make up applied nice afterwards. This may be a good primer?? My skin did look brighter and my foundation was easy to buff in.
Repurchase:- no only because I have so many to use up at the moment.





Nuxe 24hr Soothing and Rehydrating Fresh Mask
I cannot say enough good things about this item. I absolutely love it. It smells amazing too, I literally couldn't stop smelly the sachet. I was given this from the new M&S beauty hall. This is what I love about samples, I would not of picked this up on my own. But I'm now the proud owner. I received not only 20% off my purchase but as I brought 2 things I got a free gift!! Extra happy shopper. The mask is similar to my Sisley black rose mask. It's so nourishing, my skin just drinks it up. I apply a thin layer to my face for around 10mns. At around the 10 min mark, I noticed little whites lumps of product appearing. It's funny to see. I simply tissue off the remainder eith a little Liz Earle Tonic. My skin feels plumped up, soothed, soft and just the best it has in a long time.
Repurchase:- yes I already have.

Emma Hardy Cleansing Balm
Another product I won't be without. I use this every morning in the bath. I rub into my dry skin and leave on whilst I wash etc. Then I rub my skin in a circular motion with my wet finger tips. Next I take a Muslim cloth and wipe off the rest in a stroking motion. The only thing I don't like is the packaging, the outer lid broke and was quite tricky to use. Then the outer lid came off completely, this made it easier. The smell is heavenly, as I reached the bottom of my first ever pot, panic set in. A few clicks later on the Feel Unique website and I had ordered more. Perfect.
Repurchase:- yes

Caudalie Vinosource
Such a teeny tiny sample I can't really give my personal opinion?? It smelt nice and sank into my skin nicely. But unfortunately there was not enough of the product to use all over my face. I'd love to try a larger sample to give a better chance.
Repurchase:- maybe

Nuxe AntiFatigue Moisturising Eye cream
This is anti ageing and contains Hyaluronic Acid, this interested straight away. Another sample from M&S beauty hall. I got a few uses from this, so far so good. It was nice to use.
Repurchase:- maybe

Nuxe 24hr soothing and Moisturising Concentrate
I applied this after using the Mask from this range. My skin is breaking out at the moment, I have no idea why?? But it's extremely sore and spotty. its not nice or pretty, so this was a pleasure to use. I only got one use out of it and wished I had a few more to use.
Repurchase:- maybe once I've used up some other items.




Dior Jadore L'or
I liked this scent, fresh, flowery just nice.
Repurchase:- maybe

Dior Jadore
The original Jadore scent, I have a bottle of this. I like it, reminds me of the 90's.
repurchase:- already got it.

Gucci by Gucci
Firstly I hate these old type of sample bottles where you pull off tops. I struggle to get the tops off, end up using my teeth and end up with perfume in my mouth or I end up tipping the whole sample all over me. This Smells so nice, I really like it. Quite musky and sensual, it's my kind of scent.
Repurchase:- yes

Tom Ford Black Orchard
I have this in the largest bottle you can buy, and I hate it. It's just not for me. It reminds me of Prada, I hate that as well. Such a waste as I own both of these perfumes. Too heavy, strong, I can't put it into words??? It's really strong.
Repurchase:- no

Cacharel Anais Anais
This is what I used to wear along with Lou Lou to high school. What beautiful memories it holds. It's not the scent I would go for now, but it was lovely to try again, made me smile. It's quite fresh and citrus?? It's hard to say.
Repurchase:- no

Lady Gaga Fame
Somehow I've had a few of these samples, it's not for me. I'd say its more for younger girls. It's quite masculine smelling to me.
Repurchase:- no

Chanel Coco Noir
My all time favourite perfume is Coco, I love that perfume, I will never ever be without it. I can tell if someone else is wearing this perfume a mile off, ohhhhh sends my all funny. So you can imagine my excitement when Chanel borough this version out. I love it. Smells so nice, I was given this sample on holiday last year in Gran Canaria, I've been trying to make it last. It's so expensive, and currently on my wish list. My sister is a manager at Chanel, so I could ask her to pick it up? We will see, I have so much perfume I need to use up. It's musky, sensual, deep. I've just smelt it now and oh my! It's a winner.
Repurchase:- yes



I'm trying to get through my ever increasing stocks of samples. Every time I l go out I come home with more! I also have lots of perfume samples. I have a glass jar filled with lots of perfume samples, I am currently picking 5 out each week. I've been wearing a different one to work each day. I'm really enjoying this challenge I've set myself, now I need to look at what I'm selecting for this week?


Jen x

4 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed reading this post! We must have total opposite tastes in perfume. Black orchid is one of my all time favourites and one of my signature scents but I recently bought Chanel Coco Noir and I really don't like it on me! Think I prefer the heavier scents.
    SO jealous of your sister's job...dream job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm jel, I'd love that scent! It's so nice to me, it's funny how we're all different. I can't wear black orchard! Lol xxx
    I have some bargain bits from sis like £9 for foundation! But I don't like that either, and I have in 2 shades! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got through lot's of products, I must try organic surge they get lot's of great reviews :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lavender shower gel sounds lovely. x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment, i read everyone & will reply back asap